Commodity glossary W
- A thin gold bar popular in the Middle East, South East Asia and Japan.
- A warehouse or depository receipt is issued when delivery is taken on a futures exchange. It specifies the quantity and fineness of gold or silver held.
- A gold alloy containing whitening agents such as silver, palladium or nickel as wel as other base metals. Often used as a setting for diamond jewellery.
- An option whose outcome depends on the performance of the underlying during the life of the option and whether that price lies between certain parameters on a certain observation day or days.
- In options, the seller or granter of the option.