Commodity glossary R
- A level at which a price trend is halted either temporarily or totally. See also "floor" and "ceiling".
- The separating and purifying of gold and silver from other metals
- A processing plant usually associated with a smelter that produces high purity metal.
- Period of 5 minutes in which a metal is traded at the LME and a settlement quotation is fixed
- The exposure to adverse market movements, mischance or the possibility of losing money.
- Treatment of ore by heat and air, or oxygen enriched air, or other reagent, to eliminate volatile substances and bring about chemical change such as oxidation of sulfides
- The process in which a layer of carat gold alloy is mechanically bonded to another metal
- The complete transaction of a closed out futures contract, i.e. both the buying and selling operations. Commission rates are sometimes quoted on a round turn basis.