Majority spends 70 percent of income on food

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail



Majority of Pakistanis are spending 70 percent of its income on food and health bills leaving only 30 percent for education, clothing and other necessities of life causing unrest and stress in the people. Agri Forum Pakistan (AFP) Chairman Dr Ibrahim Mughal while talking to media persons here on Wednesday said that expensive food and health issues are creating numerous hardships and issues for majority of Pakistanis.

He was of the view that the new government should immediately fix the minimum wages at Rs 15,000 per month and financial issues being faced by other employees must also be resolved on priority basis. He alleged that Pakistanis are leading the graph of inflation in its own region especially because of food being so expensive. He went on to stay that many of such people are forced to commit suicide due to inflation.

Mughal said that the new government should enhance production of different food crops and decrease non-developmental expenses to bring down the prices of food items by 25 percent. He said health facilities for poor should be ensured and measures should be taken to arrest the trend of unjustifiable division of wealth due to which rich are becoming richer and poor are becoming poorer. Agri Forum Chairman suggested that the new government has to pay attention towards social sector and salary of labour community has to be increased by 25 to 30 percent through out Pakistan.


Courtesy: BR


Forex open Market rates & comments Archive

Login Form